VIDIGAL 2017 VINHO VERDE
- Vidigal is a medium-sized winery based in Leiria focused on interesting, flavorful wines from the regions of Dão, Lisboa, and Vinho Verde
- Owner António Lopes is as hands-on as they come, and spends most of his time side by side in the cellar with his two winemakers Antonio Ventura and Rafael Neuparth
ABOUT THE WINE
- One of the rare hand-made examples of Vinho Verde you will find under $10
- Unique in the category as this example is bone dry
- A slight spritz makes this fun and refreshing
- Vidigal was recently The New York Times/Eric Asimov’s most highly recommended Vinho Verde!
Vintage: 2017 | Wine Type: White Wine
Varietal: 50% Loureiro/40% Trajadura/10% Arinto
Origin: Portugal | Appellation: Vinho Verde D.O.C.
Elaboration: Hand picked in small bins. Chilling, crushing and then a soft pressing. Fermentation in stainless steel with temperature control. Unoaked.
Winemaker: Antonio Mendes Lopes, Antonio Ventura, Rafael Neuparth, and Arnaldo Simoes
Pale citrine in color with a slight greenish tinge. Fruity aromas with tropical fruit and floral notes. Pleasant mouth with a slight effervescence and sweetness that combines well with the natural acidity.